The rapidly changing health care landscape poses a number of challenges for health care workers tasked with providing safe, high-quality care. Staffing shortages are leading to burnout, poor job satisfaction, high turnover and stress. Unmanaged stress among health care workers has been shown to have a detrimental impact on patient care and safety.
Mindful Care Delivery seeks to improve compassion, teamwork and patient-centered care among health care providers. Its ultimate goal is to improve the safety and quality of health care. This program includes:
- An introductory mindfulness kick-off session, onsite or via webinar, that provides a background on mindfulness and its scientifically proven benefits.
- Mindfulness meditation training, delivered onsite or virtually. This program spans 6-8 weeks, exposes employees to various mindfulness meditation exercises and shows how to build an ongoing practice of mindfulness.
- Mindful Moments, short exercises that can be used throughout the day.
- Mindfulness training programs for onsite champions and aspiring facilitators.
- Community of practice support to ensure mindfulness practice is sustained long after training has ended.
In addition, health care providers will have ongoing access to online tools and resources to help support a self-guided practice at home or work.